Staff at the School
 

There have been eight permanent Head Teachers since the school opened in 1932, the first of whom was Miss Mary Spencer, who came to Cromer Road from Margaret Road School in New Barnet, together with 67 of her pupils.

Her successor, Miss Dorothy Marsh, took on the challenge of running the school in June 1939, only months before the outbreak of the Second World War.

She was succeeded in March 1942 by Miss Alice Fram, who had been one of the original members of staff in 1932.

Miss Rose Evans was Head Teacher from 1955 to 1976 and during her twenty-one years at the school oversaw the consolidation of the school on the one site in Cromer Road and the building of the swimming pool.

Subsequent Head Teachers were Mr Kerry Morris, who left in 1984, and Mr Owen Williams, who held the post between 1984 and 1987.

Mrs Pat Jones served as Head Teacher from April 1988 to July 2004, Mrs Helen Schmitz joined the school in January 2005.

Ms Jude Stone, the current Head Teacher has been in her post since September 2015.

 

 

 

Web pages created and maintained by Edward Imber for the Cromer Road History Project – 2015 © All of the material is copyright and may only be used with permission.

The Cromer Road History Project has made all efforts to trace copyright holders of individual historical photographs and documents reproduced here where appropriate. We would be happy to comply with copyright law or remove items from the site should we be made aware of any relevant copyright issues.