Welcome to Cromer Road Primary School’s Computing Blog!
Hello everybody and welcome to our computing blog! This blog is going to be about keeping safe online. We are the Computing Ambassadors; Alisha, Bhavika, Chloe, Harry and Kacper and we are here to promote online safety in our school.
Tips to keep you safe when going online:
- Don’t post any personal information online such as your address, email address, mobile number or passwords.
- Think carefully before posting any pictures or videos of yourself online. Remember that they will be there forever when you post them.
- Keep your privacy settings high. For example: create passwords that no one will know.
- Never give your passwords to anyone unless they are a trusted adult.
- Don’t talk with people you don’t know.
- DON’T meet up with people you don’t know.
- Remember not everyone online is who they say they are.
- Think carefully about what you say before posting it online.
- If you see something that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried then leave the website/ social media app immediately and tell a trusted adult.
- Don’t play or go on any inappropriate websites/apps without an adult knowing.
These are ten top tips about being online.
Remember, be SMART:
Safe - Keep your personal information such as passwords SAFE.
Meet - Never ever agree to MEET an online friend that you don’t know.
Accept - ACCEPTING emails, pictures, and files from people you don’t know can cause problems such as viruses.
Reliable - Check information before you use it. Think, is it a trusted website?
Tell - TELL an adult about something you see online that makes you feel worried or uncomfortable.
From the Cromer Road Computing Association Kacper, Harry, Chloe, Bhavika and Alisha.
Safer Internet Day- 7th February, 2017
On the week beginning 6th February, we will be taking part in Safer Internet week. Throughout the day on Monday 6th February, Year 1-6 will be participating in online safety workshops. In the evening, there will be a workshop for parents and carers.
To coincide with this we will be holding a competition for KS2. We would like children from Cromer Road to create an Online Safety mascot for our school! The Competition will open on the 7th February and will close on the 20th February. We will pick the winner who will then win a prize and their mascot will be showcased around the school.
We will be looking forward to seeing entries!
-The Computing Ambassadors-