Keeping safe: stop, think, before you click!
12 rules for responsible ICT use
These rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will only use the school’s computers for schoolwork and homework.
- I will only delete my own files.
- I will not look at other people’s files without their permission.
- I will keep my login and password secret.
- I will not bring files into school without permission.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet and will not visit Internet sites I know to be banned by the school.
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved.
- The messages I send, or information I upload, will always be polite and sensible.
- I will not open an attachment, or download a file, unless I have permission or I know and trust the person who has sent it.
- I will not give my home or video, or give any other personal information that could be used to identify me, my family or my friends address, phone number, send a photograph, unless my teacher has given permission.
- I will never arrange to meet someone I have only ever previously met on the Internet or by email or in a chat room, unless my parent, guardian or teacher has given me permission and I take a responsible adult with me.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will tell a teacher / responsible adult.