THE ELSLEY NEWSLETTER - MAY 2013
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning” (Albert Einstein).
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE SUMMER TERM
- W/C 13th May – Key Stage 2 SATs
- Wednesday 22nd May – 9 – 10.15am – Coffee morning in parents’ room with officer from Brent Council for parents of children who have Special Educational Needs
- Friday 24th May – Staff INSET day – School closed for children
- Monday 27th May – Friday 31st May – School closed for half term break
- Monday 10th June – Coffee morning in parents’ room with Community Worker from Tesco to talk about nutrition and healthy eating.
- 14th – 17th June – Year 6 Residential trip to Kingswood Centre, Isle of Wight
- Wednesday 19th June at 9.15am – Reception Class Assembly
- Wednesday 19th June at 9.45-10.30am – Reception Class parents’ coffee morning
- Friday 21st June – Juniors Sports Day
- Saturday 22nd June 11am – 3pm – Summer Fair
- Tuesday 25th June (morning) – Year 1 and Year 2 Sports Day
- Wednesday 26th June – School Photographer in for Class Photos
- Friday 28th June – Nursery and Reception Sports day
- Wednesday 3rd July 9.15am – Year 2 Assembly
- Wednesday 3rd July 9.45-10.30am – Year 2 parents’ coffee morning
- Thursday 4th July – Information meeting for new Reception parents (2pm and 7pm)
- Friday 5th July – Pupil reports to parents sent home
- Monday 8th July – Friday 12th July – New Reception children and parent visits
- Thursday 11th and Friday 12th July- Open Days for new Nursery Parents (NURSERY CLOSED for current nursery pupils)
- Thursday 11th July – Parents’ Evening
- Wednesday 17th July – Year 6 End of Year Production to parents at 2pm
- Tuesday 23rd July - End of Year class parties and Year 6 leavers’ party
- Wednesday 24th July – School closes for the summer holidays at 3.15pm.
- The new school year starts for children on Monday 9th September.
It’s not long now until Elsley’s Summer Fair (Saturday 22nd June from 11am to 3pm)! We need lots of help from parents to make it a successful event that can be enjoyed by all. Everyone can help in different ways, for example by donating food and helping to set up or clear up on the day. Please contact Camille Anderson on 07507 626384 if you can help in any way.
If you have any unwanted gifts to donate for the Tombola at the Summer Fair, please bring them to Mrs Bourke in Year 4.
Please be reminded that girls’ headscarves should be plain green, white or black, in keeping with school uniform colours.
DANIEL’S DEN OPEN WEEK
Daniel’s Den (parent and toddler group) is holding an open week from 3rd June to 7th June at the following times and venues:
Tuesday 4th June from 9am to 10.30am at Elsley Primary School.
Tuesday 4th June from 9.30am – 11am at St Michael and All Angels Church, Stonebridge NW10 8LB
Tuesday 4th June from 1pm to 3pm at Gladstone Park Primary School, Dollis Hill NW10 1LB
Wednesday 5th June from 9.30am to 11.30am at St Andrews Church, Sudbury, HA0 2QA
All parents with toddlers are welcome to come along and see what the group does. For more details go to the website: www.danielsden.org.uk or call: 020 8908 6986 or 07436 273844
We have a number of items of lost property (unfortunately with no names in). Please contact our welfare assistant, Mrs Bhatt, via the school office if you would like to check for any lost items of school uniform.
If your child has regular medication in school, please ensure that this is updated for the new half term.
Attendance for the summer term has generally been very good but overall for this year we are currently slightly under our target of 95%. Please ensure that your child attends school every day unless they are unwell and try to make medical appointments after school hours when possible. If your child is unwell you can now email the school at [email protected].
Best Attendance for Spring Term: -
Infants- Year 2 Miss Hamilton’s class
Juniors- Year 3 Mrs van der Sluys class
Best Punctuality for Spring Term-
Infants- Reception Miss Renata’s class
Juniors- Year 6- Ms Ali’s and Mrs Johnson-Markland’s classes
Please ensure that you pay in advance on a Monday .If you wish to pay in advance for the remainder of the summer term (from 3rd June to 24th July- £74.10 will be due). Thank you.
If anyone has any unwanted picture or photo frames (A4 size or bigger) please donate them to Mrs van der Sluys (Art Subject Leader) to be used to display ‘Artist of the Week’ work in school.
With best wishes,