"Deanesfield Primary School welcomes pupils from many different backgrounds, offering a warm, purposeful learning environment." Ofsted 2009
The achievements, attitudes and well-being of every child matters.
We are committed to giving our children every opportunity to achieve the highest of standards and, most importantly, to feel happy, secure and develop a sense of belonging to our school community. We do this by taking account of pupils' varied life experiences and needs, offering a broad and balanced curriculum and by having high expectations for all our children.
We aim to be an inclusive school and actively seek to remove barriers to learning and participation that can hinder or exclude individuals or groups of pupils. Equality of opportunity must be a reality for our children and we make this a priority through the attention we pay to the different groups of children within our school:
- girls and boys;
- minority ethnic and faith groups;
- children who need support to learn English as an additional language;
- children with special educational needs;
- able, gifted and talented children;
- children with social, emotional and/or behavioural needs;
- children with medical and physical needs;
- children who are at risk of disaffection or exclusion;
- asylum seekers.