(Following Information provided by the Green Oaks Children's Centre)
A Sure Start Children’s Centre aims to bring together a wide range of services for children
aged 0-5, and their families. The centres aim to make it easier for children and their families
to access a range of services such as health, employment, childcare and family support closer
to where they live.
Green Oak Children’s Centre is a hub and satellite group of centres, working across a whole
locality. The main hub is at Cheam Resource Centre and there are a number of satellite activity
points in the local area. This means that families can access staff and services at the main site,
as well as a wide range of services and activities delivered closer to home from other sites such
as schools, health centres, libraries and community spaces.
The services available at each point vary based on local needs, but may include:1. Child and Family Health Services – including health visitor services, breast feeding support, ante
and post-natal support groups
2. Support for parents – including advice and support with parenting, family support and information
on accessing other local services such as childcare
3. Play and early learning activities designed to ensure that children achieve the very best outcomes,
and parents are supported to help them achieve this
4. Help for parents to access work and training opportunities – Help with finding and applying for jobs,
writing a CV and accessing training
5. Support around benefits, tax credits, managing finances, debt and reducing household bills
Every Wednesday morning here at Rainbow House we will be delivering Children’s Centre Services.
Currently we are offering:
- Family Information Service Outreach Officer
- Back to work help and advise Drop-in