The school encourages parents to choose a hot lunch option for their child. Evidence shows that a well fed child concentrates well and learns better in the afternoons. Freshly prepared hot nutritious meals are provided daily by our own catering team. The meals meet the Food Based and Nutrient Based Standards for School Lunches.
Our standards meed the Silver Food for Live Quality award in recognition of our work in actively using locally sourced, seasonal, quality ingredients.
- 75% of dishes are freshly prepared
- All meat is British Farm Assured as a welfare minimum
- All fish apart from Tuna is certified to the Marine Steward Council’s (MSC) environmental standards
- Skipjack Tuna is used which is not on the "fish to avoid list"
- Local Free Range eggs used
- 10% of food is organic
- Fair Trade castor sugar
- Fresh Seasonal and local fruit and vegetables are used subject to availability
- No harmful additives or hydrogenated fats are used
- No nut products are used
- No salt is added to the food
- Products containing GM foods are not knowingly used
The Menu Daily
- A choice of two main meals, one of which is suitable for a vegetarian diet. On certain days a Halal option is available to those requesting it
- A choice of two vegetables using local produce wherever possible
- A salad bar using local produce wherever possible
- Homemade Wholemeal French Bread
- A pudding of the day or a choice of fresh fruit, yogurt or cheese and biscuits
- Drinking water
If your child has dietary requirements please notify the school in writing in the first instance.
Click on the link below to view our menu;
School Menu Autumn 2015