Nature of Support
At Park Road, we continued to use the additional funding to support a variety of strategies to best meet the needs of each individual child for whom the grant funding was allocated, including:
• high quality, inclusive teaching.
• precision teaching by the class teacher.
• pupils taught in groups with other pupils who are working at a similar level.
• focused support from skilled teaching assistants, both in class and in small groups.
• individual tuition, by the class teacher or another experienced teacher.
• intervention strategy support from teaching assistants (for example: Literacy Support Programme, Reading programmes or one to one focused tuition).
• personalised support (including pastoral support) for individual pupils, to meet their needs.
• supporting parents to fund clubs and trips.
All interventions are highly targeted over a period of time, according to need.